Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Differences between Nizo 801 Macro and Pro?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member zipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm considering buying a Nizo camera. I've tried to research the differences between the Nizo 801 Macro and Pro, but haven't had much luck. I know the Pro has a multi-coated lens, but I don't know the advantages of this coating. And I think the Pro has a diffent sound sync system.

    So I am wondering if anyone can explain the advantages of the Pro and give me your opinion as to whether the advantages warrant the price difference.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Both cameras had multi coated zoom lenses, that's a given. Without multicoating the zoom simply wouldn't work, it's as simple as that.

    My Canon 1014E has 22 elements in its f1,4 10x zoom. Some are cemented together and one's a beam splitting prism. Can you imagine what it's like stacking 22 sheets of glass together and looking out into the street? It'd be pretty murky, pretty green, and useless for photography.

    Coating the glass surface increases the light transmission. An uncoated element can reflect back 8% of the light that hits it, whereas a multicoated element will only reflect back 0,1% - a huge difference.

    tom.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    have a look at http://www.indiefilmsonline.com/Supe...fessional.html
    on this site there are both models.
    The pro model has besides the flash contact socket a special 1000 Hz pulse outlet to record direcly on a sync track of a tape recorder. Cameras with flash socket only, need an external 1000 Hz interface to record sync impulses to tape.
    Pedro

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pcg's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2000
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use Nizos exclusively (particularly the 801 Macro) & concur w/ Pedros' comments. Either camera is an excellent choice. The lens is spectacular & the overall features quite complete for any pro user.

    /Pat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •